Pages



DON'T FORGET, NOW CLOSED ON
MONDAY AND TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY

CURRENT HOURS : THURS & FRI 11-3
SATURDAY 11-2



Friday, August 9, 2019

A NEW NEEDLE

Yesterday I got a package delivered late in the day.  I knew I had to open it because there was an item in the package I really wanted to check out.....the new ball tip needle.


This is a new
needle favored for high count fabric but can be used on any count














This needle features a special, mini ball at the tip that helps to navigate through Aida and linen effortlessly.  The ball end easily 'finds' the right spot in your fabric.

I heard about stitchers using a John James beading needle (with a ball point) for stitching on 40 ct fabric.  I wasn't going to try this as I have a lot of trouble at times threading a regular needle and I wasn't going to stress over trying to thread a beading needle numerous times in an evening.  So when I saw this new needle appear, I was anxious to try it.

I went home opened the package and threaded my needle.  It was odd at first to have to 'push' the needle a little harder to get the ball through the fabric, but it went right through just where it was supposed to go, between the threads and not splitting them and it came up real easy, too.  Next stitch made and so on and I began to like the needle.  The only complaint I have is that I am one of those people who like to sew my stitches and this needle is not short enough.  However, maybe in the future we might see a ball point short needle....let's hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment