Pages



DON'T FORGET, NOW CLOSED ON
MONDAY AND TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY

CURRENT HOURS : THURS & FRI 11-3
SATURDAY 11-2



Thursday, September 5, 2013

CHRISTMAS IN RED

Christmas in Red is a new chart from Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks.  Six holiday designs are stitched, of course, in red but there is absolutely no reason you can't change the color of floss.  I decided to do one of the designs, in red (I used an overdyed floss), on 32ct white opalescent linen....there is a metallic fiber woven into the fabric giving the opalescent  sparkle.  It doesn't scan very well so you'll have to stop in to check it out.  This fabric gives a little extra to all holiday pieces.  I'm going to mount the stitched piece on foam core; try to maintain the shape of the ornament and add red cording.  I think it should turn out nicely.  Here are pics of the chart and the stitched piece before finishing.  Why not try a piece of this fabric for your next holiday ornament?  It comes in 32ct, 28ct and 14ct.



1 comment:

  1. I'm just in love with your blog! I'M IN! :)

    Congratulations! :)

    http://castillosdecanela.blogspot.com.es/

    Love!

    ReplyDelete