The best laid plans of mice and men.......they often go astray. Guess you know that quote. Well I know it today. Just sent out an email to my followers and a big long list was returned to me because my email was too large. Never before has this happened. Going to eliminate an attachment and hope I can resend (unfortunately to everyone) and that everyone will receive it.
Can you believe it's Labor Day Weekend coming up, already? I can't, but I'm sure ready for the fall to come. This summer's been a hard one. Although now they say we'll have colder weather this winter than usual and more snowfall. We just can't seem to win. So I guess I'm going to have to remind everyone to call first and make sure I'm here on really wintry days.
So, here's what's new for September:
1. We will be open this Saturday 9/1 from 10-3 and Sunday 9/2 from 11-2. Come join us for the LAST DAYS OF SUMMER EVENT. Everything in the shoppe will be discounted 20%. Frequent Buyer Cards will not be punched or redeemed. September Summer Coupon may be used but can't be combined with this discount.
2. The shoppe WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY AND SATURDAY 9/8 AND 9/9 to attend the Cash and Carry Needlework Market in Baltimore, MD. We're going to check out over 100 designers' and distributors' booths. Am expecting lots of goodies - new charts, flosses, fabric......Can't wait to bring it all home. Check us out on Tuesday Sept. 11 for new stuff.
3. Coming in September, we will be selling 100% WOOL for all your wool applique, penny rug and hooking needs. We will be carrying Weeks Dye Works wool, hand dyed in a variety of colors, all of which match their beautiful over-dyed flosses. They hand-dye the wool in solids along with houndstooth and herringbone designs, which will add texture, detail and dimension to your pieces. We will also be carrying patterns and kits relating to wool applique and penny rugs. We will be adding these over the rest of the fall season. We will also be offering classes this fall. Stay tuned for more on WOOLS.
4. Just a reminder about the RUG HOOKING CLASS on Sat. Sept. 22 from 12-4. Check the previous post for more info. Still have room available.
5. A.M. STITCH GROUP - Come and join others to sit and stitch on the 4th Wednesday of the month (next date is 9/26) from 9-12. If you don't drive at night, this is perfect for you. Bring a project and enjoy the company of fellow stitchers. As this is still new, please give me a head's up if you are planning to attend.
If you can't make this day stitch group, don't forget we have an evening group that meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month (next one is 9/19) from 6:30 to 8:30). Come give us a try.
6. PIZZA NIGHT - FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29 from 4-9. $15.00 fee is payable at time of registration.
Pizza will be served around 6PM. Come early or come late because you don't want to miss out on the fun.
Well, guess this is enough for now. Questions and reservations can be made at 215-513-9373.