Pages



DON'T FORGET, NOW CLOSED ON
MONDAY AND TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY

CURRENT HOURS : THURS & FRI 11-3
SATURDAY 11-2



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hey Stitchers! It's another nice day, before the rain starts again. Oh, but those rainy days are nice for stitching and reading and , of course, napping. But I will be working, so I won't be able to do any of those things. Last night I went to see a one woman show on Mrs. Deborah Franklin, that's right, Ben's wife. It was good. Only an hour, but I got what I thought I would get, lots of new insights into Ben. (Talk about 'absentee' husbands and fathers.)

Got home about 8:15 and spent the rest of the evening twisting overdyed flosses to hang on their little peghooks. Twisted over 300 skeins, so that kept me busy for the evening and I didn't have time to stitch. Just finished LHN new Belle Pepper and am now working on her ornament, All Is Calm.

Here's pics of new things to come. Joy to the World is LHN's 12th ornament. But don't despair, as she will be doing another year of ornaments. Snow White is a monochromatic done on 28 count Rosemary. I have a 32 called Beach Walk that is a good substitute and I think I'll use it.Any color fabric can be used and you can change the floss color if you want.



























Blackbird Designs next house is Moonlight Visitor; out in a couple of weeks.





A new designer in the shop is C Street Samplerworks. They do historic reproduction samplers and original designs. I have one of each style currently in the shop. Their original design is real cute, and for me, very appropriate. The second chart is a Quaker sampler, which I still continue to like.

Well, that's it for now. Keep stitching and enjoy yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment