Pages



DON'T FORGET, NOW CLOSED ON
MONDAY AND TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY

CURRENT HOURS : THURS & FRI 11-3
SATURDAY 11-2



Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hi, Stitchers! Wondering where I've been since it's been so long since I updated my blog? Well, yes, I've been in and out of the hospital again!!!! This is getting old...really old, real fast. This time I was in for cellulitis in my leg. Let me tell you. They told me it's painful, but I didn't believe I could ever be in so much pain. I eventually had to hit the 'hard stuff' and even that didn't really help. I felt like I had a continuous cramp in my entire leg, especially my calf. But thank God, that had 'moved on'! Yeah! I woke up early this AM and got out of bed, carefully, and realized that the 'cramp' was, magically, gone!!!!!!!!! My leg is still sore and swollen and can't be bumped but I feel like I've got myself back. And boy, does it feel good.

On to JCS news. The class we offered in July went very well. We had 6 students and they all did very good learning some new stitches and pulling threads and doing needleweaving. It was fun. I've never done needleweaving and it was so cool to see how easily and quickly you can weave and twist the threads in a piece of needlework.

New to the shop? Prairie Schooler has come out with her 2010 Prairie Schooler Santa. He's a skaker this year. She's put out 4 additional charts. 'Sweeping Cobwebs 'is great for old time looking Halloween characters. ' October' is her "monthly" chart and very colorful with oranges, teals, dark brown, reds and golds. 'And to All a Good Night' has a large sampler full of Christmas designs. The smaller piece would make a cute pillow for the holidays. 'Snowy Nights' is her typical Christmas ornaments on felt.

It's finally time to preorder your issue of Just Cross Stitch 2010 Special Christmas Issue. We are ordering in a limited quantity this year so now is the time to put your name on the list! Just call or email us at justcrossstitch@rcn.com and we will add you to our list. Tried to upload a photo of the cover to the blog but was not successful. If you stop in, you can see a picture of the cover.

Now that it is August already, don't forget to use your August special summer coupon.

Boy, isn't the year really rushing by? But thankfully, the weatherman said the other day that August should not be as hot as July was. Maybe we'll really have nice fall this year with lots of pretty fall colors. Let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment